Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fayetteville Camellia Show


This afternoon, I finally visited the Cape Fear Botanical Garden so that I could attend the annual Fayetteville Camellia Show. Since this was the first flower show I have ever attended, i wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Inside, the Camellia Show was primary table after table of camellia blooms in tiny glasses. It was interesting to see all the different varieties (though it got to be a little overwhelming.)

The show also had a small collection of informational booths; sadly, the displays were a little information heavy (with pages and pages of small print on each poster.) Although it was useful information, I don't think it was displayed in the best method. There were some lectures scheduled for the afternoon, but I wasn't that interested in the topics (and the start time was an hour later.) I did enjoy looking through the collection of camellias the Camellia Club had for sale, but I didn't buy any since they're probably not the best indoor plant (and I wasn't going to spend $25 to put a plant outside a rental unit!)

For a first visit to a flower show, I can't really complain. If I were to return in the future, I would probably try to attend on Saturday rather than Sunday - I think they blossoms would have been a little fresher looking, and there would have likely been a larger selection of plants for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment